Today we did the first real transfer – now it truly feels like the race has started although it was a short one just under 60 km. Destination Santiago de Compostela. It’s good to go somewhere new, staying in the same place for to long makes you a little crazy…
thats the cycling circus life for you! Well lets not get lost in pilgrim traveling, what has happened since last – Nico won stage 2, and he got the mountain jersey, sprint jersey and the combination jersey (thats a new one for me…) So we celebrated with a well deserved glass of wine and a tasty dinner. Bjarne was there and did a toast to Nico and the team, good spirits for sure.
Nico’s Celebration dinner
- Cauliflower soup, toasted sunflower seed and caramelized flourettes of cauliflower
- oven roasted potatoes
- green salad, fresh figs, green tomatoes and honey pecan nuts
- slow cooked Spareribs
- coq au vin
- fresh sweet nectarines and homemade vanilla ice cream (Bjarne loved it!
Yesterday Jonathan and I went shopping with the company of Bjarnes son Jesper, he has been hired for Saxo Bank to do some back stage videos of the team during the whole Vuelta – so he decided to come along for the trip. Come along with us: And remember to check in daily here for more back stage videos of the team. After a good shopping trip, the guys from GCN came by to film a few small “how to do” videos – some tasty dressings for your daily salad, pasta or meats :) Stay tuned for that. Last nights dinner:
- salad of cooked beets, red and green cabbage and balsamic dressing
- romaine and heart salad with mustard vinaigrette
- thinly sliced cold veal with rocket and parmesan
- risotto with oyster mushrooms and truffle oil
- salmon baked with ginger, orange and honey
- spiced chicken wings
Well time for me to watch the last 10km of the race…
OH! and a small update: we have 4 riders in top 15 !!!