What a grueling stage – stage dictates alpe d’huez TWICE – HARD CORE!!!
So the only way to get to the Hotel is up the parcours – so I mounted my new Go Pro camera on top of the car, then turned it on and we went up ( video will come when I’m back in Copenhagen with a proper internet connection) ! It’s amazing to see how people dress up for the occasion
– the mountain climb is one big Party – especially on corner no. 9 – the dutch corner! A full orange corner with thousands of drunk people, just waiting for the tired riders to go up TWICE!!!
Menu on top of the mountain
- Heart salad, goats cheese and figs
- Fennel crudite, sauteed green peper and wild blue berries
- Roast Chicken with olives
- Merguez sausages with onion and crushed potatoes
- Jonathans sorbet cake
After dinner there was a sponsor event for Saxo Bank, nice to see all of them.
Don’t forget to follow the Grand Tour Cookbook page.
Also check out saxocycling.com for cool videos and much, much more