After the five star experience it was time to get back to reality again – and so we arrived around 16.00 at standart three star industrial neighbourhood area hotel to stay two nights. Good parking for the truck, alright internet and clean rooms what more can you ask for.
Again I can not say how much of social magnet the kitchen truck is, we had Bjarne visiting a couple of hours after the race to just chat and chill out.
The danish TV station DR had their evening live show studio set up right out side our truck so we got to see Bjarne talk about the TT bikes for the Time trial the following day.
Dinner time was up and the guys where served this:
- Caprese with baked and raw tomato
- salad of grilled heart salad, roasted broccoli and lemon zest sautéed peas
- Rosemary and lemon roasted chicken
- filet of pork with charred carrots
- Risotto with mushrooms and truffle oil
- Pasta and tomato sauce
- Gluten Free peach cake, poached peach and fresh peach sorbet
Bjarne joined in for dinner and said that it was the best risotto he had had in a very long time – cadeau to Jonathan ! – very proud!
As always dessert was well accepted :)
Don’t forget to follow the Grand Tour Cookbook page.
Also check out saxocycling.com for lot’s of Videos of the TDF riders – don’t forget to sign up to win VIP tickets to the Saxo Tinkoff party.
And if you are wondering what my day looks like – check out this film: