This was the first day where the heat was absolutely scorching- I was boiling constantly and did everything in double the time I would normally do… Being half Scottish and half danish doesn’t help coping with the heat and funny enough I don’t like the rain to much either… Anyway I did my things.
Mid day the danish Radio Station P3 called me and asked if I would be in their show later the same afternoon – well of course! And so I was – It went well except for the two times where I just forgot words for completely normal things… Thanks to the 33*c that boiled my brain. Well well , they where happy and they are gonna call back again later in the tour to check in.
Happy news – My truck is ready and my dear colleague Ivan is driving all the way to Nice to pick it up and drive it back – He is just the best! Can’t wait to see that truck!
Bennati came in as no. 3 today :)
Well let’s get to it – FOOD FOOD FOOD – what did they eat ?
Menu of the day
- Ice cold Gazpacho with cold pressed olive oil
- Pineapple-tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, fresh goats cheese and avocado with tarragon
- Chicken with fresh corn and whitewine steamed leeks
- Sauce Ragu on pork with balsamic tomato sauce served with pasta integrale
- brown rice steamed with star anis
- Fresh figs and dark chokolate
- fresh fruit
Don’t forget to follow the Grand Tour Cookbook page.
Also check out saxocycling.com for lot’s of Videos of the TDF riders – don’t forget to sign up to win VIP tickets to the Saxo Tinkoff party.
And if you wanna see what I do check out this video: