Yesterday, early morning – we left at 7.15 from the hotel to catch the ferry at 9.00 to Toulon. 6,5 hours of sailing – a whole day of traveling, that tires you out almost more than working super hard in the kitchen. But luckily many of theother teams was there, so I got to hang out with the chefs from Leopard, Garmin, Europcar, OPQS and Vacansolei.
We sailed in to Toulon at 15:30 and where at the hotel at 18.30 – Loooooong day!
So when I arrived Jonathan was preparing dinner we had planned and I jumped in so we could finish it.
The menu of the night was the following:
- green leaves, fennel, gojii and almond with applecider vinaigrette
- rootselleriac slaw with garlic and parsley
- Chicken in whitewine with mushrooms and lemon
- slow cooked lamb rubbed in fennel and mustard seeds, served with new potatoes
- walnut and parsley pesto with pasta integrale
- Gluten free nut and seed bread
- sourdough spelt bread.
Saxo Bank has had some very fierce looking banners made, that are hanging all over the hotel for a sponsor event tuesday evening – very cool!
That’s it for stage 3
hang in there for stage 4 TTT blog entry.
Don’t forget to follow the cool kid in the book world aka the Grand Tour Cookbook page.
Also check out the new saxocycling.com video of Alberto Contador – don’t forget to sign up to win VIP tickets to the Saxo Tinkoff party.