Santiago de Compostela – every one walk to this place. We had to go – so in our break we went for a small walk from the hotel to the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela to see what this was about. The old part of the city was only for walking, so no cars or traffic, it was like walking around in a human sized doll house world – very cool weird buildings. we went in to see the cathedral and it was stunning like so many other cathedrals !
There is 10 days left of the Vuelta, its been 18 days so far… Madrid is soon visible – and thats pretty nice!
Vuelta chef battle is on tonight…
Potato, apple and chives – wonder what the other guys are gonna do … we’ll see tonight!
Menu wed. 29.08.12
- chicken and black beans
- tortilla wraps with guacamole and tomato salsa
- Leg of lamb with green lentils and pickled onion
- roasted celleriac and pan roasted whole new carrots
- green salad, radish and dried apricot
- brownie and saffron poached pineapple
- fresh fruit
- sunflower seed bread
menu thurs. 30.08.1
- Cauliflower soup, roasted cauliflower, toasted pumpkin seeds
- heart salad, cantaloupe melon and pecan
- meat balls in curry with fresh cilantro and rice
- chicken, garlic, grilled courgette and sweet red onion
- whole wheat pasta and tomato sauce
- fresh fruit
- foccacia with rosemary
Words of wisdom:
Eat well – sleep a lot – love cycling!