We are in Andorra, the land of no taxes and all duty free shops – it’s easy to spend money here… Luckily I had to work so I avoided financially ruining my self today all though it was very hard – good job Hannah!!
Tomorrow we have a 1200 km transfer from one side of Spain to the other side… that is going to be crazy – the trucks all ready left, so we will have to cook in the hotel kitchen tomorrow morning for breakfast, it’s a very nice hotel so that will be fine. I think we have about 14 hours of driving including breaks for eating and so on… good thing I filled up my Iphone with podcasts, ‘cos we are gonna need them. The day after is a rest day so it’s gonna be full on from breakfast time.
As it is some times here in Spain, the Internet connection is not very good so last night I could not upload any posts – AGAIN, therefore there are two menus for you tonight.
Menu Friday the 24th
- salad of roasted celleriac, raw stem cellery, apple and rocket in a honey mustard dressing
- Grilled green asparagus, dried spanish ham and pine seeds
- Pidgeon with pickled shitakee mushrooms in a redwine balsamic glace
- chicken, roasted carrots, figs and water cress
- rice and pasta
- spelt bread
- Vuelta chef battle stage 2: spiced Butternut squash cake with peach, raw anise pickled butternut squash with fresh peach and lime zest, Fresh dill and yogurt dill ice cream
Saturday the 25th of august
- Tomato nectarine salad
- green leefs, pear in apple cider vinegar, ricotta with chives, basil and lemon zest
- avocados with olive oil and lime juice
- Pork cheeks braised with cardamom, anise, black pepper and garlic.
- roasted potatoes
- Chicken, pineapple and red onion
- pasta and tomato sauce
- fresh fruit
- sourdough bread
Sweet dreams to all – remember to VOTE for your favorite dish at the Vuelta chef battle
SHARE with every one who loves food – Thank you!