It’s been some busy days… Yesterday we had four servings for the riders due to the TTT – lunch was kind of split in two, but never the less it took all day away, so therefore no blog post.
We had our first Vuelta chef battle tonight – every one entered a dish ( or more) and now we need to make a vote from you guys to decide which is the most inventive, creative, beautiful, outrages or interesting dish of them all, Ingredients was : watermelon, cucuber and eggplant – chosen by Søren from Team Sky… and here goes:
Team Sky, Chef Søren did a Cucumber shot, watermelon jelly mozzarella and crisp aubergine skin
Team Garmin Baracuda, Chef Sean did a White garlic chilled soup with cucumber, garlic, apples and almonds, with watermelon cubes and eggplant tar tar
Team BMC, Chef Peter made three courses out of the ingredients and here goes :
- Aubergine rolls with feta and mint
2. Cucumber tower filled with crab fish
3. Watermelon stuffed with melonballs and mint on top
Team Saxo Bank Tinkoff Bank, I did: watermelon – cucumber gazpacho with cucumber, mint, line and cold pressed olive oil from Andalucia served with a crouton of sourdough bread with avocado eggplant baba ganoush.
And so a lot of interesting dishes came out of this – I can only say that my Riders enjoyed the watermelon Gazpacho, so that of course makes me happy :)
It’s a lot of fun to create a dish from some set ingredients chosen by some one else, it forces you to think differently tahn what you normally do and I know the other guys think it fun as well, so lets keep it up. By the way does any one have a good idea how to make an easy voting system so every one can vote on their favorite dish ?… (Asking you guys, the readers …)
Tomorrow we are starting the vuelta for real – first transfer, new hotel, new place – can’t wait :) It’s crazy how you just get hooked on going new places all the time after a while with this job. Bilbao is the next stop,, we are gonna share hotel with Garmin, so I’m gonna hang out with Sean – YEAH ! That will be the last time taht we share hotels with any of the other chefs :( – for some reason Søren from Team Sky will never get to come visit us in our new truck… unless he is willing to drive for it – and I hope he’s gonna do that !
Saturday 18th dinner:
- chicken, roasted nectarine, caramelized onion and an apple vinegar glace
- roast potatoes
- Coleslaw on carrot, red cabbage and green cabbage, black onion seeds, abricot and mustard vinaigrette
- Smoked salmon, mint and lime with heart salad.
- pasta, bread and fruit as usual :)
Sunday 19th dinner
- chef battle dish: watermelon – cucumber gazpacho with cucumber, mint, line and cold pressed olive oil from Andalucia served with a crouton of sourdough bread with avocado eggplant baba ganoush
- three type tomato salad, with pine seeds and pesto
- roast chisken on roasted celleriac and broccoli with gojii beriies
- Rabbit – white wine stew, abricot and red beans
- carrot, banana cake with raspberries
- whole wheat pasta,tomato sauce
- sour dough bread,
Ladies and Gentlemen – that will be it for today, I need to get some sleep so I can be ready for tomorrow :)
SHARE, TWEET AND FACEBOOK with every one you know :) – and don’t forget to follow ! Thank you !