Long transfer today, about three hours drive to an industrial area, where we are staying at campanile… Mhmm!
This morning i talked to Karsten Kroon and Nick Nuyens – I told them that I had made ice cream, and if they did well today they would have some after dinner , which meant dessert two days in a row. So what happens today: JJ makes it over the finish line as number 3, super awesome!! So as promised I served them my homemade vanilla-coffee ice cream fresh from my amazing Paco Jet. They loved it – so that’s not the last time they get that :)
When the riders came back today, Michael Mørkøv gave me his flowers – Very sweet, something I appreciate a lot, and they look so great in the kitchen truck!
Our other doctor Piet, had his birthday today, so we made a Banana cake for the whole staff to enjoy :) – I feel like there’s always a lot of birthdays on all the trips I’m on… Well it means cake for every one :)
So what did the boys have for dinner ?
- Vietnamese style soup with rice noodles and veggies
- salad of beet root, pickled red cabbage, pink grape fruit, heart salad, and hazelnuts
- slow cooked pork with savoy cabbage and broccoli
- chicken, cashew, courgette and coriander
- roasted potatoes
- whole grain pasta
- fruit and sourdough bread
- Brownie with home made vanilla-coffee ice cream
I think that went down pretty well – they all seemed to like the ice cream a lot :)
Time for me to sleep…
You can see more photos from today on my facebook page